Friday, February 10, 2012

More updates

ART301 (Concept art class) stuff

Our task is to create a concept art with a given theme. The theme is a war between gods versus mortals and demigods.

For the demigods, I was thinking of making them like valkyries and women are superior than the men. Hence the bigger wings on the females.
The gods, yes, the gods... were really, really hard to come up with. I didn't really know what I wanted this race to be. First I had the idea of gigantic beings, it somehow didn't really work out. Then I got an inspiration from "The Lord of the Rings". Remember the Nazguls? The ones riding the fell beasts? Yes, those. I then made the gods powerful knights like the judges from Final Fantasy XII, but with dragon mounts.
The humans were the easiest to come up with. I wanted them to look like spartans, but more ferocious.


CG305 aka ZBrush


Here's my concept for ZBrush class:
I am currently low-poly modelling this character before importing it to ZBrush. This will be my first time using ZBrush, so I am pretty excited. Although I may have actually killed myself by giving the character too many clothings and drapery... I hope this will go well.

Some other paintings

I did these paintings for fun.
A painting of my headphones, painted from life. I think this took me about an hour.
I painted this one while waiting for my class to end. Took me 30 mins or so.

No comments: